Effective Date: 1st November, 2015
All the information we collect is related to providing the Ange & Gerry’s Service.
By using or interacting with the Service, you are consenting to:
- the transfer of your information outside of the country where you live; and
I. Information we collect
What information do we collect and why?
If you register for and use an Ange & Gerry’s mobile application, we collect:
- Your email address OR Your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials if you connect to the Service using credentials from a Third Party Application (e.g., Google Account
- To verify your permissions to use the mobile application and access Content provided by the Enterprise Client
- To communicate with you about the Service
- To verify you r email address to help prevent spam, fraud and abuse
- Your name, image and other Content from your Enterprise directory data such as job title, location etc provided to us by the Enterprise Client, or provided by you in the mobile application
- To show in your user profile in our Colleagues mobile application
- To enable other users in your Enterprise group to collaborate with you through features within the mobile applications
- The geographic area where you use your device when you interact with the Service and the language you select
- To localise your interaction with the Service and improve our understanding of how users interact with the Service and the Market.
- Your device identifier
- To calculate anonymous, aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using the Service.
- Actions you perform in the mobile application, including your use of product features, such as submitting feedback in the Voices application or sending an email or SMS in the Colleagues application
- To administer the Service and improve the features and usability of the Service.
- To provide anonymous usage data and interaction statistics to the Enterprise Client
- To determine the correct billing level for the Enterprise Client (based on end user usage)
- Technical and sensor information necessary to operate the mobile applications. This includes the type of browser and device you use, data from the touchscreen, and information from your device’s accelerometer and gyroscope sensors
- This enables you to control the mobile application and allows us to do simple things like rotate views or see zoomed in views
- Tracking information
- Please see the Cookies section below
Additional information we collect in connection with Ange & Gerry’s Enterprise Client accounts:
- Business name, and name and email address of account creator
- To create and support your Ange & Gerry’s Enterprise Client account
- Billing information (i.e., address, email address and telephone number)
- To communicate with the Account Owner on the account and provide account support.
- Email addresses of Enterprise Client account Administrators
- To support and communicate with the Enterprise Client account Administrators
- Tracking information
- Please see the Cookies section below
What tracking information do we collect?
II. How we use the information we collect
Consistent with the permissions you give us to collect the information, we may use the information we collect, including your personal information:
- to provide, personalise, and improve your experience with the Service and products, services, and advertising (including for third party products and services) made available on or outside the Service (including on other sites that you visit), for example by providing customised, personalised, or localised content, recommendations, features, and advertising on or outside of the Service;
- to ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new products and services, and analyse your use of the Service, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Service;
- to communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes including via emails, notifications, text messages, or other messages, which you agree to receive;
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us. In the section Your Rights below, we inform you of the controls you can use to opt out from receiving certain messages;
- to enable and promote the Service and other services or products, either within or outside the Service, including features and content of the Service and products and services made available through the Service;
- to process your payment or prevent or detect fraud;
- to provide you with features, information, advertising, or other content which is influenced by your location; and
III. Information access and disclosure
This section describes how the information collected or generated through your use of the Service may be shared by you or by us.
Sharing your Personal Information and Content
Ange & Gerry’s do not sell or rent your information, nor will we make it public. Outside of actions you take within the Service to communicate or to authorize third-party applications, we only disclose your information - and then only the minimum information necessary - when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service.
- We determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Ange & Gerry’s and users of the Service, or is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders or other legal process.
- We do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
We do not share your account information or user activity history with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you. As described on our section about Cookies, we contract with third-party advertising networks in order to deliver relevant advertisements to you across the Internet and to manage our communications with you.
Sharing End User information with Enterprise Account Administrators
An Administrator (“Admin”) of Enterprise Client account provides Ange & Gerry’s with your personal information and data as part of provisioning the mobile applications, therefore the Admin will retain access and control of the data they upload to the Ange & Gerry’s Service and mobile applications.
The Admin will have access to statistics about when you send emails, SMS or chats to other contacts in the Colleagues application but will not be able to view the contents of that message. The Admin will be able to view anonymised Content that End Users have submitted via the Voices application.
Our access to your Personal Information and Content
Ange & Gerry’s employees do not monitor or view your personal information or Content stored in the Service, but it may be viewed if we believe our Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so in order to respond to your requests for support, or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in our Terms of Service. Your Content may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Ange & Gerry’s and its users, or in order to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders or other legal process. We vigilantly protect the privacy of your account contents and, whenever we determine it possible, we provide you with notice if we believe we are compelled to comply with a third party’s request for information about your account.
IV. Data storage, transfer and security
When you use an Ange & Gerry’s mobile application, Content you save will be stored locally on that device. Some Content will be synced from your mobile device with the Service, and that Content will be replicated on our servers, which are located in a number of countries.
Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site or to use our mobile applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Information transmitted via the internet is never completely secure, and although we will do endeavour at all times to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; and any transmission is at your own risk. We have, nonetheless, adopted strict procedures and security features in an attempt to prevent unauthorised access.
V. Information deletion
You can delete Content at any time, and you can stop using the Ange & Gerry’s mobile applications at any time.
Only Enterprise Client Account Administrators (“Admin”) can deactivate your account. The Content in your account will not be deleted unless the Admin deletes that information, and it will then be removed the next time End Users in your Enterprise group sync their mobile applications.
Occasionally we may, in our discretion, make changes to the Agreements. When we make material changes to the Agreements, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the Service or by sending you an email. In some cases, we will notify you in advance, and your continued use of the Service after the changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully. If you do not wish to continue using the Service under the new version of the Agreements, you may terminate the Agreements by contacting us through the Customer Support form.
VII. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The DP Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access to this information can be exercised in accordance with the DP Act. Access requests received may attract a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you such details to you.
VIII. Information about cookies, other technologies and third-party data collection
What are cookies and other technologies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you visit a website. The cookie will help website providers to recognise your device the next time you visit their website. There are other similar technologies such as pixel tags (transparent graphic images placed on a web page or in an email, which indicate that a page or email has been viewed), web bugs (similar to pixel tags), and web storage, which are used in desktop software or mobile devices.
There are also technologies such as mobile device identifiers and SDK integrations to help companies recognise your device when you return to an app or otherwise use the a service.
We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them).
First-party cookies are set by our website angeandgerrys.com, as well as all Enterprise Client dashboards hosted at sub-domains of our website. First party cookies can only be read by our site.
Manage your cookie and other preferences
Please note that if you choose to block cookies, doing so may impair the Service or prevent certain elements of it from functioning.
From time to time we may work with advertising partners to serve advertisements on the angeandgerrys.com website. One of the services we use to track activity related to the Service, e.g., by placing cookies, is Google Analytics by Google (Google, Inc. a company headquartered at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). We may use vendors, including Google, who use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on your past visits to our websites, including Google Analytics for Display Advertising. Google provides tools to manage the collection and use of certain information by Google Analytics at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings at google.com/settings/ads.
You hereby consent to the use of the cookies and other technologies described above.
IX. Contact Us