Ange and Gerry's Support Services Policy
Effective Date: 1st November, 2015
Ange & Gerry's will, as part of the Business Terms of Service and at no additional cost to the Client, provide the Client with Support in accordance with this Support Services Policy. Free technical support is limited to the scope, hours, contacts, and channels below. Ange & Gerry's may amend the Support Services Policy in its sole and absolute discretion from time to time. The Client may purchase enhanced support services separately at Ange & Gerry's then current rates.
Ange and Gerry’s free support is available only for the Ange and Gerry’s Portal and Applications, and is limited to the following:
Installation and Configuration Issues
- General questions about supported software browsers or devices
- Identifying problems preventing a Client or its End Users from logging into the Portal or Applications
- Answering Client’s (not End Users) general how-to questions, and providing pointers to documentation
- Troubleshooting any reported downtime of the Portal or its Applications
Ange and Gerry’s free support does not extend to the following areas:
- General debugging of End User’s mobile devices or the Client’s desktop or laptop computers
- Rewriting applications to be compatible with browsers or devices other than those we specify we support
Ange and Gerry’s can offer a paid consulting program if you wish to have additional support or customisation of the applications. If you need this help, please get in touch with our sales team.
2. Who can contact support?
Limited free support is available to any of the Client’s Admin users. These users must be identified as Admins on the Ange and Gerry’s Portal.
Support requests will only be processed if:
- The request is made through one of our official support channels (see below)
- The request originates from a registered Client Admin email address
3. Support Channels
Free technical support is available exclusively via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Hours of Support
Ange and Gerry’s email@example.com can be contacted during UK business hours.
Hours are 9am - 6pm GMT, Monday - Friday, excluding UK Public Holidays.
The Ange and Gerry’s platform and applications are available 24×7, with Committed Availability during support hours 9am – 6 pm. See Section 5 Service Management below for more details.
5. Service Management
The Ange and Gerry’s Service (Portal and Application/s) are available via online (internet) access to Clients and their End Users 24 x 7.
Our Service Level Agreement is to a Committed Availability during our Hours of Support, to an expected uptime of 99.5%.
All uptime expectations are given based on a 30 day month:
- Downtime Tolerance < 1 hr downtime per month during Committed Availability
- Roll back to 4 days
- Restore back to 4 weeks
Client’s and their End Users will be advised one week in advance by email of any planned maintenance windows.
6. Service Levels
We will use commercially reasonable efforts for the Portal and Applications to be available within the applicable Monthly Uptime Percentage (as defined below) during any calendar monthly period (the “Service Commitment”). In the event that we do not meet the Service Commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below.
- “Downtime” is the sum in one calendar month, of all periods in excess of five minutes where the monitoring status of the Ange and Gerry’s API returns an error status “InternalError” or “ServiceUnavailable”. The calculation will not include errors that arise directly or indirectly as a result of any of the Exclusions (as defined below).
- “Monthly Uptime Percentage” is calculated by subtracting from 100% the “Downtime” as defined above.
- A “Service Credit” is a credit in Pounds Sterling, calculated as set forth below, that we may credit back to the Client as a discount to future subscription payments.
- Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges paid by you for the equivalent month period, in which the Downtime occurred in accordance with the schedule below.
For all requests not otherwise specified below:
We will apply any Service Credits only against future payments otherwise due from you. At our discretion, we may issue the Service Credit as a refund to the account used by you to pay for the billing cycle in which the error occurred.
7. Service Credits
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a claim by contacting our support team via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email should include:
- the words “SLA Credit Request” in the subject line;
- the dates and times of each incident that you are claiming; and
- If the Monthly Uptime Percentage applicable to the month of such request is confirmed by us and is less than the applicable Service Commitment, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which your request is confirmed by us. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of the Portal or Applications per the Terms of Service, or any other performance issues:
- that result from a suspension of our Service Agreement;
- caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of our APIs;
- caused as a result of availability or performance issues across the Availability Zones of the hosting PaaS (Heroku and/or Amazon Web Services);
- that result from any actions or inactions of you or any third party;
- that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control); or
- arising from our suspension and termination of your right to use service in accordance with our Business Terms of Service. If availability is impacted by factors other than those used in our calculation of the “Downtime”, then we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors at our discretion.